e – counselling also know as e-therapy, telephone counselling and online counselling involves therapy sessions with your counsellor using modern technology such as Telephone, SMS, MSM, FaceTime and Skype Web Based Counselling to name a few.
Web and telephone counselling is readily available to all those who wish to use it. Online therapy overcomes barriers that may preclude others from seeking treatment. For example, individuals residing in rural or remote areas where there are no counselling services can benefit from the accessibility of online services. Those that are physically disabled or unable to leave their home can also easily access such services with little inconvenience. Individuals with visual and hearing impairments can also benefit from such services. Web counselling has also shown to be effective in encouraging children and teenagers to receive therapy as they seem to be more comfortable with using the internet.
People who are uncertain about counselling or who may be uncomfortable with traditional models of treatment may find online therapy more suitable. Online Counselling is the preferred method of support accessed by those who are uncomfortable with talking face to face with someone about their problems or who are suffering from social phobias, agoraphobics or anxiety disorders
Using the telephone or online modes to speak with a counsellor is similar to what you could expect from an office visit and as efficient as traditional in-office consultations.
e-Counselling is suitable for you if you:
- are over 15 years of age
- if under 15 years of age have parent consent and support
- are not suicidal and in a crisis at the time of your call
In an emergency
If you are in immediate danger or concerned for your safety in any way:
- Call 000 and request an ambulance. Stay on the line, speak clearly, and be ready to answer the operator’s questions
- Visit your local hospital’s emergency department
- Call your local Public Emergency Mental Health Service
Each of these emergency services teams is specially trained to support people in crisis, including people feeling suicidal, and can keep you safe.
Booking an Appointment
The format for e-counselling and e-therapy is as follows:
- Go straight to our booking page and select the most convenient date and time that suits you or contact our reception team 1800 744 568
- Your Counsellor will ring you back on the contact details you provide at the time you have chosen
- For Skype, Sessions make sure you have downloaded the app onto your computer, Tablet or mobile device
- If you are using an iPhone or apple device face time counselling is also available
- Upfront payment is required when confirming your booking. It is a requirement that you advise the details of credit card number, name as shown on the card and the expiry date at the time of your initial contact with the reception team.
- The rate for e-counselling is $25 per 10 minutes, $70 for 30 minutes or $130 per hour
- At the agreed time your counsellor will be ready for your call. This time will be exclusively yours.
- Towards the end of your counselling session, you will be able to arrange further telephone counselling session with the same counsellor via our booking page.
- Counselling is confidential and always handled by qualified registered Counselling Practitioners.