At times all parents feel lost or without a clue about what our child might need from us. Imagine what it might feel like if you were able to make sense of what your child was really asking from you. The Circle of Security Parenting™ program is based on decades of research about how secure parent-child relationships can be supported and strengthened.
Learning Objectives of the Training:
- Understand your child’s emotional world by learning to read the emotional needs
- Support your child’s ability to successfully manage emotions
- Enhance the development of your child’s self-esteem
- Honour your innate wisdom and desire for your child to be secure
Here are some founding principles that underlie the Circle of Security models of intervention:
- Attachment problems in infancy and early childhood increase the probability of psychopathology later on in life.
- Secure attachment relationships with caregivers are a protective factor for infants and preschoolers, setting the foundation for social competence and promoting effective functioning of the emotion regulation and stress response systems.
- The quality of the attachment relationship is amenable to change.
- Learning, including therapeutic change, occurs from within a secure base relationship.
- Lasting change in the attachment relationship comes from caregivers’ developing specific relationship capacities rather than learning techniques to manage behaviour.
- All caregivers want what is best for their children.
Contact us to find out when our next group program will be running or for individual coaching on the COSP model.